Post-claim support from OnePath Life
More ways to benefit from your cover
When you’re covered by OnePath Life, there’s a range of benefits and support services you can access after a claim that could be a big help to you or your family.
Your Policy Schedule shows you the amount of money you’d be eligible to receive if you make a claim. But what it doesn’t show you is the extra support OnePath Life offers our claimants or their immediate family.
Please note these services may not available if you hold your cover inside super, or if you hold a policy other than OneCare.
Our Claims team will help you access the following benefits and support services if they apply to you:
- Accommodation Benefit
If you’re stuck in hospital for medical treatment, you’ll want your loved ones close by. The Accommodation Benefit – available after eligible Trauma Cover, TPD Cover and Terminal Illness claims – reimburses up to$500 per day for up to 30 days if an immediate family member travels more than 100 km from their home to provide support.
- Financial Advice Benefit
Managing a large lump sum payment can be a source of financial stress, particularly when you’refocused on your health and family. To help you make the most of your insurance benefit, the Financial Advice Benefit reimburses up to $2,000 of the adviser service fee for a financial plan when you receive a full Trauma Benefit, TPD Benefit or Terminal Illness Benefit or death benefit. This benefit is not available for policies with Super Link arrangements.
- Spouse Retraining Benefit
Available if your TPD Cover policy has been in force for three years or more, the Spouse Retraining Benefit recognises the impact your total and permanent disability would have on your partner. It reimburses up to $10,000 of the cost of retraining your spouse to either obtain gainful employment, improve their employment prospects or improve the care they provide to you.
- Grief Support Program
If you pass away or are diagnosed with a terminal illness, counselling could play an important role in helping you and your family. The Grief Support Program reimburses the cost of a professional counsellor for up to 6 hours, capped at $1,200. Learn more.
This program is only available for OneCare policies.
- Cancer Support Program
Available to eligible policies, the program is designed to complement your treatment providing virtual access to a team of oncology trained allied health professionals including nurses, exercise physiologists, dietitians and psychologists who will tailor a program based on your specific needs.
- Rehabilitation services
To help income protection claimants make a successful and sustainable return to work, OnePath Life offers a range of complimentary services that can be tailored to the individual. That may include:
- Building your resilience – Helping you engage the right allied health professional (e.g. social worker, psychologist, rehabilitation counsellor, occupational therapist or exercise physiologist) to help you manage adversity and move forward.
- Exploring your career options – Connecting you with a vocational specialist who can help you explore your career options, including potentially retraining to expand your choices or improving your job-seeking skill, if returning to work in the same job isn’t possible.
- Restarting or restructure your business – Connecting you with a business coach who can help you make a successful return to work, including restructuring or re-starting a new business if your previous business is no longer viable.
- Planning your return to work – Connecting you with a return to work specialist who can meet with you and your employer and develop a step-by-step plan to gradually increase your hours and duties, ensuring your role is safe and sustainable.
OneCare is issued by OnePath Life Limited (OnePath Life) ABN 33 009657 176, AFSL 238341. OneCare Super is issued by OnePath Custodians Pty Limited (OnePath Custodians) ABN 12 008 508 496, AFSL 238346. OnePath Life is not a related body corporate of OnePath Custodians. We recommend that you read the OneCare Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Terms available at www.onepath.com.au or by calling 133 667 before deciding whether to acquire, or to continue to hold the product.
To find out more about our after-claim support, please talk to your adviser or call our Claims team on 1300 555 250.