Be confident in your choice
When you're protecting yourself and the people you love, you want to know your insurer will be there to support you when you need it.
15 reasons why
Trusted by many
- For over 140 years, OnePath Life has been helping millions of Australians grow and protect their wealth.
- We are part of Zurich^, one of the world’s largest insurers. Together, we are Australia’s leading provider of life insurance sold through financial advisers, which means you can rest assured that you’re in the hands of a financially secure and experienced institution.
Our track record of paying and supporting customers
- We offer best-in-class claims services, with awards for:
- Claims team of the year 2017 and 2018 (The Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) Life Company of the Year Awards – Client Service Team Awards supported by the Beddoes Institute)
- Best turnaround time for claims 2017 and 2018 (The Consumer Choice Awards, a collaboration between the Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) and the Beddoes Institute)
- Best claims outcome and customer experience 2018 (Australian Insurance Awards)
- We offer personalised assistance with claims forms at home, or wherever it's convenient, for customers claiming for mental health - while working alongside their doctor. We also offer free, mental health coaching in the comfort of their own home to help income protection customers who are claiming for anxiety and depression.
The quality of our cover
- We’ve invested in technology to simplify your application for cover by minimising jargon. This means using everyday language and questions when we ask about your health, like referring to ‘tennis elbow’ rather than ‘epicondylitis’. This way, you can feel confident that you’ll disclose everything we need to know.
- We’re committed to keeping our medical definitions aligned with current medical practices and standards. In fact, we’ve already upgraded trauma definitions for all of our retail, direct and group products.
- As long as your premiums are paid, we guarantee to renew your policy on its original terms until its expiry date, even if your health, occupation or pastimes change.
- We provide worldwide insurance cover, 24 hours a day, so no matter where you are or what time it is, we’re there to ensure you have peace of mind.
Our services and support
- Being in control gives you confidence, which is why we offer one of the best-in-class self-service education for customers to increase clarity and certainty about their cover.
- We also offer a digital, self-service portal for eligible insurance products which enables you to manage your insurance policy with ease and convenience.
- We offer free health coaching by a leading provider, Remedy Healthcare, for new policy holders with a premium loading for Body Mass Index (i.e. overweight), high blood pressure or cholesterol. We personalise the health improvement targets for each customer to give them the opportunity to reduce or even remove their medical loading and reduce their premium.
- Our customer service is fully focused on helping you understand and maintain your cover when you need to, as well as supporting you through your most difficult times, particularly when it comes to your health and wellness.
The rewards we offer
- We offer a rewards program that gives you benefits and discounts with a wide variety of partners when you engage with your health via our assessment tools and educational materials.
- We're the only life insurer sold through financial advisers to give you 1 Qantas Point for every dollar of premium you pay*.
^ The Zurich Financial Services Australia Group
* You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member and correctly register your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership details with OnePath Life Limited (OnePath Life) to earn Qantas Points on eligible insurance policies. The following retail policies are eligible: OneCare, OneCare Super. A joining fee usually applies. However, OnePath Life has arranged for this to be waived for new customers who join at qantas.com/onepathjoin. This complimentary offer may be withdrawn at any time. Membership and points are subject to Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions available at qantas.com/terms. The maximum number of points you can earn on eligible policies is capped at 20,000 points per year, per policy. Qantas Points accrue in accordance with and subject to the ‘OnePath and Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards terms and conditions' available at onepath.com.au/qff-terms-conditions. Qantas does not endorse, is not responsible for and does not provide any advice, opinion or recommendation about this product or the information provided by OnePath Life in this communication.